Sunday, October 4, 2009

R.I.P. Mercedes Sosa



"Today, from the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina, we have to inform you that Ms Mercedes Sosa, Latin America´s most important artist of popular folk music, has left us."


- from her family´s press statement.


Gracias a la vida. Thankyou life.




And I encourage you to listen to this song, and turn it loud, as it continues to build and build up, and the drums come in, and you feel like you can take on the world: Todo Cambia. Everything changes. In these faraway lands.

2 comments:

Rosemary Penman said...

Apologies, just your Ma again ... but I love this music!

Madeleine said...

no worries mum. it can be you and me on here, kicking back and having a yarn. its okay. thanks. glad you like mERCEDES!

where are my people, oh my people, my dear souls just waiting to make a comment on my blog??!! hehe.