Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mexican Food and drink!!!






I have been meaning to post about food for a while.




Mexican food is not what most people in australia would think. Go to a mexican restaurant in sydney and you are mostly served with burritos, enchiladas and enchiladas overflowing with generic cheese.
Nup. Here is the real thing: dishes full of spirit and flavour: cochinita de pibil, mole poblano, pozole, panbazos, albondigas al chipotle, tacos al pastor, hauraches... the list goes on. I can't think of a time when I have seen burritos on a menu here. And the care and pride that goes into food preparation.. from your average taco man on the street corner to homemade food. It is important!
I have also included some photos from a mezcal (like tequila except stronger and better in my opinion) factory - the worms and all!

No comments: